kingofthebunnypicnic tagged me in a Thing, so here are Ten Things About Me(me)
1. I am 6’5” tall. Which most people don’t notice, because I slouch something fierce to avoid blotting out the sun and/or I am just a presence on the internet without a distinct height.
2. I don’t know how to drive a car, but I love driving games. If cars had PS2 controllers instead of steering wheels, I’d be hella good at driving.
3. I also do not know how to fly a plane, but love arcade flight games. I will forever hold that the Ace Combat series tells some of the most interesting stories in games, but mostly I’m just there because flying is cool.
4. I wrote my first novel in two spiral notebooks during class my eighth grade year. It has since been lost to time, but it opens with the line “Derick woke up on his birthday. But it wasn’t just any birthday, it was his thirteenth birthday.” The novel was basically a ripoff of .hack, but Sword Art Online ripped my novel off whether they knew it or not, so full circle.
5. I never learned how to swim, by virtue of having been head-and-shoulders above the water the first time I got in a pool as a kid. I could probably flail around well enough to prolong my life until someone could haul me out of the water, but I’m afraid of deep water anyhow so I’ll not test that.
6. I’ve got a skin condition called vitiligo where my skin’s depigmented in a couple of places, noticeable around my elbows and knuckles. There’s also a faint circle of it around my left eye, so I’ve got kind of a dog named Spot thing going.
7. I’ve been a compulsive nail-biter for so long that my nails don’t even get that ragged bitten look, they just kind of shear cleanly off.
8. At the age of 6, I declared that my ambition in life was to be an artist by day, WWE wrestler by night. Stone Cold Steve Austin was my idol.
9. I once competed in the National Scholastic Chess Championships. I won three games, lost three games. I don’t tell anybody that the three I won were against 10 year old would-be prodigies.
10. I always used to think my favorite food was steak, but it turns out I just really liked A1 steak sauce. I still love steak, but also too many other foods to pick any as my favorite. Unless A1 steak sauce counts as a food.
There you go, ten astounding facts about the one and only Brad A. Mantium. I won’t tag anyone ‘cause everyone oughta share their facts! ‘Specially if they’re having a slow Friday like me…